Not to mention, the huge list of device support– both new and old. At this point, Paranoid Android has added support for a long list of smartphones including Xiaomi, OnePlus, realme, Nothing, Google, and more. It also introduced Topaz, which is based on Android 13 and is available for a host of Android devices. So if you own phones from one of these OEMs, I would highly recommend Paranoid Android to any other ROM on this list.
Once drivers are installed or updated, it is highly recommended that you restart your computer. There is one direct and most effective solution for both – that is to flash the Stock/Official ROM (original firmware) via specific tools.
Quality isn’t as good as regular GCam, but it works on phones with these limitations. Since there’s no rule that applies to all phones, you need to test them yourself or ask on a thread or group for your phone. For example, the package name for Chrome is com.android.chrome. Users see a friendly name, but Android uses the package name. In most cases, the problem is either an incompatibility between the app and the Android version or a package name conflict. Find the specific OEM, device and a working port of this Camera APK by Google from the below list.
- Works stock ROMs with the RAW10 format (other RAW formats may result in black photos).
- The most notable features of the Arrow OS project are the inclusion of the Android 10 gesture navigation system, Recents in the overview menu, and an option to choose the system accent color.
- In this hub you get all available GCam APK ports from various developers.
- It may take a while for the initial boot process so don’t panic, your phone will boot into the setup process.
- So, Operating System and firmware both are the same thing and these can use any of them to such devices.
In general, GCam APK is known for its ability to improve the image quality of photos taken with the app, but it may not necessarily improve other aspects of the camera performance. A file with 95% quality is bigger (more MBs) and retains more details than a file with 85% quality.
The list may include distributions that come preinstalled on a device (stock ROM) or modifications of them. Firmware hacks usually take advantage of the firmware update facility on many devices to install or run themselves.